Friday

Kathy's Minute Slaw

     With the help of a small. food chopper, and a bottle of ready made cole slaw dressing this slaw turned out very tasty in very little time. I usually prefer to make my own dressing but Kraft has a wonderful tasting cole slaw maker dressing.

     The small electric chopper I use can make the pieces of vegetable very tiny which is how I made this particular cole slaw. I never measure when I cook. I just add as much of the ingredients that suit my tastes. Here are approximate amounts and the ingredients that I combined to make my delicious slaw.

  • 1/2 of a small red cabbage
  • 2 large red radishes
  • 8 baby carrots
  • 1/4 red onion
  • 3 sprigs of fresh dill
  • About 1 cup of dressing

     This slaw isn't for everyone. Since I minced the vegetables the cole slaw isn't as chewy as you expect cole slaw to be.It's an easy fix. All you have to do is cut the pieces of cabbage larger. The other thing is the color, this salad is very red/magenta. I used red cabbage because it's slightly healthier for you than green cabbage.
If it clashes with the other courses you're serving use the green. It is a great salad either way.

Photo by Joe Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment